Teenagers and parents often feel like they are living in two different worlds.
Parents often feel that teenagers are defiant and moody with no thoughts of life consequences and how much their parents do for them, while teenagers can feel misunderstood and that no one understands what they are going through.
Common family relationship issues:
- Having different rules to what other families may have
- Siblings being effected by conflict
- New family members such as step parents or siblings
- Lack of communication
- Feelings of sibling favouritism
- New influence of electronic devices in the family home
- Technology boundaries